If you missed our live webinar, Scintigraphy – Providing Critical Data in Early Clinical Development, you can view on demand now.
Watch this 1-hour webinar if you are embarking on your clinical development plan, consider a non-invasive in vivo evaluation of drug delivery systems. Scintigraphy gives you the power to study drugs in gastrointestinal organs, providing you with valuable data earlier on in the drug development process.
In this live webinar, our featured speakers will cover:
- The benefits of scintigraphy in early phase research
- Drug delivery routes, including oral, pulmonary, and nasal
- Residence of drug delivery systems at the site of action/absorption
- Overview of scintigraphy as a fully quantifiable and trial-validated procedure
- Review of radiolabelling procedures and radiolabelling validation
- The importance of a multi-disciplined team required to operationalise the study
Professor Glyn Taylor holds a BSc in Pharmacy and a PhD in Pharmacokinetics. He joined the Welsh School of Pharmacy in 1980 and later was a research fellow at Stanford University (1982-83) and then a visiting assistant professor at the University of California, San Francisco (1989-90). He was Professor of Drug Delivery at Cardiff Unversity until 2015.
In 1992, Professor Taylor co-founded CSL, a company which provides clinical and in vitro evaluation of pharmaceuticals and drug delivery systems using techniques including gamma scintigraphy. CSL has performed scintigraphy studies for many niche device and global pharma companies. In 2012, CSL was shortlisted for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise (Innovation).
Dr. Christopher Jeans joined Simbec-Orion as a research pharmacist in 2007 following experience in academic, hospital and community pharmacy. He attained QP eligibility in 2013. He is responsible for certifying that batches of IMP have been manufactured in accordance with EU GMP and the Clinical Trial Authorisation, as per the requirement of the Clinical Trials Directive. Dr. Jeans offers advice and consultancy to Simbec-Orion clients on CMC and GMP activities.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will appeal to small and mid-size drug developers in Europe and the US focused on translational medicine and clinical pharmacology.
Key job titles include:
- VP/Director Clinical Operations
- VP/Director Clinical Programme Management
- VP/Director R&D
View on Xtalks webpage.